Wabash | Transcraft Steel Flatbed Trailers
DELIVERING STRENGTH, DURABILITY AND MAXIMUM PROFITABILITY.
The Wabash Steel Flatbed is built to last. Heat-treated, 130ksi steel provides high strength and low trailer weight. In addition, the premium paint process ensures best-in-class corrosion resistance and keeps your trailer looking good year after year.
More Flexibility. Longer Life.
Less Maintenance. more uptime.
Superior Corrosion Resistance.
With some of the highest floor ratings in the industry, this trailer design offers load flexibility. The main beam provides a stronger web to flange attachment for long-life performance. Potential corrosion is eliminated between the flange and web by welding the high tensile steel at all flange-web joints. In addition, the ″K″ type structural assembly reduces side bending.
The interlocking apitong floor system connects using two grade-8 floor screws at each crossmember. The double shear connection reduces racking and damage to nailers around the screw holes. In addition, the radius edges on the ″C″ section siderail reduce the wear of winch straps, while the steel rub rail with recessed grooves protects conspicuity tape.
The standard enhanced visibility lighting system offers three stop/tail/turn lights and five dual-function side marker lights. The side marker lights also function as turn signals for improved motorist visibility.
100% of steel surfaces are shot blasted prior to applying primer and paint, eliminating the need for chemical pretreatments. From the ultra-high-zinc, epoxy primer and galvanic coating, to the automotive grade acrylic urethane paint, this trailer resists corrosion and increases resale value.
Front End Design
• Steel front crossmember
• Center mount glad hands, 7-way on removable access panel
• 1/4″ steel coupler plate tested to SAE J133 performance criteria
Rear End Design
• Three rear stake pockets integral to steel rear plate
• Horizontal bumper end caps for corrosion protection
• Rubber dock bumpers mounted vertically with three bolts
• Bumper assemblies are United States Department of
Transportation (DOT) and Transport Canada compliant
• Widespread K-bracing and angular gussets
• Suspension support gussets with triangular truss design
• 121″ tandem widespread axle setting
• Axle alignment, large bearings, parallel ″P″ spindle wheel ends
Electrical Wiring/ Lights
• Air and electrical accessible through the removable front plate
• Below deck air and wire routing
• Enhanced visibility lighting system, LED lights, five side marker lights
per side, dual function lights correspond with turn signals
• Anti-lock brake system (ABS)
• 100% shot blasted prior to assembly, no chemical
• Automotive grade paint system with ultra high-zinc epoxy primer
and galvanic-coated prior to trailer assembly
• Steel surfaces painted prior to assembly with automotive grade
acrylic urethane paint
- 554: 55,000 lb in 4′ / 60,000 lb in 10′ / 93,700 lb evenly distributed
- 654: 65,000 lb in 4′ / 70,000 lb in 10′ / 110,400 lb evenly distributed
- 734: 73,000 lb in 4′ / 80,000 lb in 10′ / 125,000 lb evenly distributed
Main Beam Design
- Main beam flange and web fully welded at all flange-web joints
- High-strength 50,000-PSI steel web
Web to flange attached by 100% automated continuous weld
- Heat-treated, high-strength steel flanges rated at 130,000 PSI
- Cross braces on 24″ centers, knee braces on nominal 48″ centers
- Lifetime main beam warranty
• 5-1/2″ 10-gauge, steel siderail designed for 4″crossmembers
• Radius edges and steel rub rail with a recessed groove
• Steel stake pockets on 24″ centers
• Double pipe spools
Crossmember Design and Floor System
• 80K high tensile, 4″ steel ″I″ beam cross members on 12″ centers
• Maximum strength, interlocking wood floorboards, installed with
two grade-8 screws per cross member
• Vertical weld on both sides of siderail to cross member connection
• Additional air and electric configurations
• Additional aluminum components
• Specialized coil and floor packages
• Alternate crossmember spacing
• Customized bumper filler plates
• Factory installed bulkheads
• Multiple axle configurations, sliding suspensions and lift axles
• Multiple freight securement options