wabash dry vans
dry vans with duraplate cell core technology
Exceptional durability. Best-in-class Weight.
America’s favorite dry van features DuraPlate Cell Core Technology, Wabash’s composite panel breakthrough that reduces trailer weight by 300 lbs. per 53’ trailer—all without compromising strength or durability.
Plus, from the damage- and corrosion-resistant components, to the LED light system, the Wabash Dry Van with DuraPlate Cell Core Technology lasts longer and delivers resale values among the highest in the industry.
duraplate cell core technology
Wabash answered the need for a lighter-weight trailer without compromising the rugged performance you’ve come to expect from Wabash’s original DuraPlate. Engineered cellular structures in DuraPlate Cell Core panels reduce weight without sacrificing strength or durability.
Fleet-tested performance in high-cycle and high-use environments confirms: our standard dry vans with DuraPlate Cell Core Technology stand up to extreme loading and unloading, all while hauling more per load, saving fuel and increasing revenue per mile.
American-made durability. Best-in-class-weight.
big benefits comes standard
The Wabash DuraPlate Dry Van features DuraPlate Cell Core Technology, our composite panel breakthrough that reduces trailer weight by 300 lbs. per 53′ trailer.
This trailer is designed to support the conventional dry van haul with exceptional durability and maximum payload capacity.
- Lighter weight DuraPlate Cell Core sidewalls mean fuel savings and more cargo capacity.
- 20,000 lb. floor rating for heavier payloads, high cycle loading and unloading, and longer floor life.
- From damage- and corrosion-resistant components to the LED light system, DuraPlate vans last longer and deliver resale values among the highest in the industry
• Dimensions: 53′ x 102-3/8″ x 13′6″
• Front interior height: 110-1/4″
• Rear interior height: 111-1/4″
• Interior width sidewall to sidewall: 101″
• GVWR: 68,000 lb / 30,845 kg
• GAWR: 20,000 lb / 9,072 kg
• Manufactured in an ISO 9001:2008 registered facility
• High-strength steel, 3-3/8″ short can coupler
• AAR-rated king pin with zinc anodes for corrosion protection
• One-piece extruded aluminum header
• .125″ extruded aluminum, 5″ radius front corner post
• 6-post nose, two structural corner posts and four 80k steel hat posts mounted with steel bolts
• Heavy-duty, 3/16″ stainless steel lower nose rail
• DuraPlate Cell Core composite panels with a limited 10-year warranty*, made in the U.S.A.
• Flat DuraPlate seam with overlapped top rail
• 14-gauge recessed logistic seam on 50″ vertical centers
• Integral A-slots punched on 4-1/2″ centers rated at 1,880 lb working loads
• 18-gauge x 80k steel scuff liner fastened to sidewalls on 8″ centers with stainless steel bucked rivets
• Mechanical or air suspension
• Parallel ″P″ spindle wheel ends
• Long-life brake linings
• White powder-coated lightweight steel wheels, low rolling resistant tires standard
• Intercostal cross member bracing over the landing gear
• Galvanized steel, one-piece landing gear support, and galvanized K-brace
• All LED lights
• EZ-7® modular 7-way with Wabash National 3.0 sealed harness
• Upper ID/AUX stop light system3
• 20,000-lb dynamic load rating
• Full, 1-3/8″ thick laminated oak floorboards installed with three screws per board, per crossmember
• 4″ steel or aluminum cross members on 12″ centers in the bay, steel cross members over sub frame and landing gear, 8″ centers in rear 2′
• Steel bolted cross member attachment with four 3/8″, grade-5 bolts per cross member clip
• .040″ aluminum roof sheet wrapped over top rail edge
• 18-gauge 80k steel anti-snag roof bows mounted on 24″ centers
• Hot Dipped Galvanized for corrosion resistance
• Rear impact guard with outboard vertical bumper legs meets or exceeds U.S. DOT and Transport Canada requirements
• 5/16″ steel base plate in rear sill with 1/2″ post protection
• Eyebrow and vertical light protection
• Rear header with integral gutter
• DuraPlate composite swing doors, aluminum 4-hole hinge, five hinges per door
• TrustLock Plus® System1 with lower sill mounted hardware and a lock rod with integral door holdback, 1 per door
• Standard DuraPlate sidewalls
• DuraPlate nose, riveted or bonded
• DuraPlate semi-insulated package
• DuraPlate nose liner
• Flush Mount Intermediate Logistics available on 16.6″ and 25″ centers
• 30% offset 4-post rear impact guard5
• Floor packages in laminated oak, aluminum, composite and combination kits
• Additional floor systems available in 24,000 lb and 24,000 lb high cycle dynamic load ratings
• Painted or stainless steel rear frames and rear impact guard
• Multiple axle configurations
• Multiple aerodynamic options, including Wabash National
DuraPlate AeroSkirt®6, other brands of trailer skirts available
• Scuff liners available in wood, steel, aluminum, and plastic in
• Tire pressure monitoring systems and tire inflation systems
• Vertical and horizontal interior logistics, riveted or bonded
• Wide base tires
• Overhead door options, including Wabash exclusive, 110″ opening MaxClearance® door with external EZ-Adjust® balance mechanism
• Extended 7-Year wheel-end warranty available