Wabash | Transcraft Combo Drop deck Trailers
RUGGED DEPENDABILITY. HIGH PAYLOAD CAPACITY.
Sharpen your focus on the bottom line with the Wabash Combo Drop Deck trailers. As one of the first in the industry, this drop deck is known for reliability under the toughest of conditions and is the preferred choice for optimizing payload. Popular options, such as an expandable or low deck option, as well a lightweight package, are available. We can also collaborate on a solution to answer your unique haul requirements.
SUperior design. Maximum payload.
The main beam design comes with a limited lifetime warranty and provides a stronger web to flange attachment for the long-life performance of your combo drop deck trailer. Potential corrosion is eliminated between the flange and web by welding the high tensile steel at all flange-web joints.
lower maintenance. increased uptime.
The interlocking, four nailer, apitong and aluminum floor system connects using two grade-8 floor screws at each crossmember. The double shear connection reduces racking and damage to nailers around the screw holes of combo drop deck trailers. In addition, the radius edges on the ″C″ section siderail reduce the wear of winch straps, while the aluminum rub rail with recessed grooves protects conspicuity tape.
better highway visibility.
The enhanced visibility lighting system offers three stop/tail/turn lights and five dual-function side marker lights on combo drop deck trailers. The side marker lights also function as turn signals for improved motorist visibility.
Superior Corrosion Resistance.
100% of steel surfaces are shot blasted prior to applying primer and paint, eliminating the need for chemical pretreatments. From the ultra high-zinc, epoxy primer and galvanic coating, to the automotive grade acrylic urethane paint, expect corrosion resistance and higher resale value.
• Length: 28′- 53′
• Width: 96″ and 102″
• Upper Deck: 10′ or 11′
• 554: 55,000 lb in 4′ / 60,000 lb in 10′ / 80,000 lb over lower deck
• 804: 80,000 lb in 4′ / 85,000 lb in 10′ / 94,000 lb over lower deck
EST. BASE WEIGHT(S) (48X102)
• 554: 10,640 lb
• 804: 11,174 lb
MAIN BEAM DESIGN
• Main beam flange and web fully welded at all flange-web joints
• High-strength 50,000-PSI steel web
• Web to flange attached by 100% automated continuous weld
• Heat-treated, high-strength steel flanges rated at 130,000 PSI
• Cross braces on 24″ centers and knee braces on nominal
• Lifetime main beam warranty
CROSS MEMBER DESIGN AND FLOOR SYSTEM
• 80K high tensile 4″ steel ″I″ beam crossmembers on 12″ centers
• Mylar gaskets installed between aluminum and steel components
• Maximum strength, interlocking combination aluminum and wood
• Eight 1-1/8″ thick aluminum floorboards installed with two inners and outer apitong nailers and two grade-8 screws per cross member
• Optional 5″ aluminum cross members on 12″ centers available
ELECTRICAL WIRING/ LIGHTS
• Air and electrical accessible through removable aluminum front plate
• Below deck air and wire routing
• Enhanced visibility lighting system, LED lights, five side marker lights per side, dual function lights correspond with turn signals
• Anti-lock brake system (ABS)
• 100% shot blasted prior to assembly, no chemical pretreatment required
• Automotive grade paint system with ultra high-zinc epoxy primer and galvanic-coated prior to trailer assembly
• Steel surfaces painted prior to assembly with automotive grade
acrylic urethane paint
FRONT END DESIGN
• Bright finish, fabricated aluminum front crossmember
• Center mount glad hands, 7-way on removable access panel
• 1/4″ steel coupler plate tested to SAE J133 performance criteria
REAR END DESIGN
• Three rear stake pockets integral to rear plate
• Horizontal bumper end caps for corrosion protection
• Rubber dock bumpers mounted vertically with three bolts
• Bumper assemblies are United States Department of
Transportation (DOT) and Transport Canada compliant
• 6061-T6 extruded aluminum siderail
• Radius edges and extruded aluminum rub rail with recessed
• Extruded aluminum stake pockets on 24″ centers
• Large diameter double pipe spools
• Widespread K-bracing and angular gussets
• Suspension support gussets with triangular truss design
• 121″ tandem widespread axle setting
• Axle alignment, large bearings, parallel ″P″ spindle wheel ends
• Additional air and electric configurations
• Additional aluminum components
• Specialized coil and floor packages
• Alternate crossmember spacing
• Beaver tail with level deck damps
• Customized bumper filler plates
• Factory installed bulkheads
• Low deck option
• Multiple axle configurations, sliding suspensions and lift axles
• Multiple accessories, freight securement and storage options